Hello guys, Today's topic is amazing for those who loves animals or floras including jungle safaris. Yes i'm talking about top 13 largest zoo in india which you must visit in 2021.
These zoos are too large with lots of amazing views with love of animal and faunas, The most interesting thing you will get to know the life of animals practically.
Believe me, you will get lots of fun here with also amazing views before write this article, i researched on it so be confirm you will get lots of fun in these largest zoo in india.
1. BANNERGHATTA BIOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Bangalore, Karnataka-560083
Time:- 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Area:- 260.51 sq.km
Bannerghatta biological park is surrounded by animals, birds, floras, etc which covered area of 26050 hectares including zoo, jungle safari, elephant sanctuary and butterfly park.
This park had invented in 1970 but finally declared as biological park in 1975, this park is the house of lots of floras and fauna, approx 25 types of animal live here and 15 types of floras(not confirm).
Top attractions of Bannerghatta biological park
- Jungle safari:- If you want to observe this park fully or see how animals live their lives in the jungle then you must take a ride for jungle safari, as you know it is the largest zoo in India, so it is too difficult to see all beauty of this park.
- Elephant sanctuary:- It is one of the biggest attraction for tourist because here you will see how newly discovered elephants come here and it is India's first zoo with elephant sanctuary
- Butterfly park:- India's first house of butterfly which is one of the top attraction, as you know how looks beautiful butterfly due to these kids are always interested in butterfly so it is best for kids.
2. SRI VENKATESHWARA ZOOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh, India
Area:- 2,239 ha
Sri Vekateshwara zoological park was established in 29 Sep 1987, covered the area of 2,239 ha and it is largest zoo in india(Asia).
This zoo is house of many flora and fauna and there was a leopard called 'Balaji' that is india's biggest(mentioned in Guinness book of world record) leopard of weight 108-113kg.
Top attractions of Sri Vekateswara zoological park
- Jungle safari:- Again it is difficult to see all the amazing views of it because it is the largest zoo in India that's why you can do jungle safari by you will see all the amazing views of this zoo.
- Jungle tour:- If you love to see or feel the floras or green areas then do jungle tour here internally it's too large but having lots fun and this zoo is surrounded by mountains so it is the best option for the photoshoot.
3. ARIGNAR ANNA ZOOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Vandlur, Tamil Nadu
Time:- 9:00am-6:00pm, Tuesday Closed
Area:- 602 ha
Arignar anna zoological park is the largest zoo in India which ranks 2nd in India with the house of 2644 animals. It spreads over 602 hectares of land including rescue centres Arignar Anna zoological park also named Vandalur zoo.
It is well maintained and clean zoo India also the first public zoo in India with 2.04 million visitors come here annually. Vandalur zoo was established in 1855.
Top attractions of Arignar anna zoological park
- Safari:- Most of the peoples want to do jungle safari to observe the full jungle therefore it becomes a great attraction of it.
- Aquarium:- It's entrance and exit point looks so amazing due to shark module in the form of shark gills.
- Forest museum:- The government established this museum recently in which you can see herbarium, xylarium, insectarium, rocks, seeds etc.
4. NANDANKANAN ZOOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Area:- 4.006 sq. km
Nandnankanan zoological park was established in 1960 with the area of 437 hectares including aquarium, it was the 2nd largest zoo in India but nowadays 3rd largest zoo in India.
There are more than 3485 animals live with 3.3. millions of annual visitors from every country, it is the first zoo of India whose join World association of zoos Aquariums (WAZA).
You know this zoo going to the best zoo in India in future because they are upgrading it every time and Ropeway also coming soon, be ready for that.
Top attractions of Nandankanan zoological park
- Butterfly garden:-It is the most attractive garden in Nandankanan zoological park with highly maintained, you can click some amazing and memorable pictures with your family or friends.
- Botanical garden:- There are more than 300 types of flora which have their beauty and most interesting things are in the botanical garden as Glasshouse, Cacti house, Bonsi, Dry garden, etc.
- Animal adoption:- If you love animals and you can adopt one of your choice. Yes, it is true here you can adopt any animal but not allowed to take to home that will be in custody of zoo. It looks so amazing when people adopt an animal and play with them or feeding them that looks amazing.
5. ETAWAH SAFARI PARK
Location:- Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
Area:- 350 ha
Etawah safari park is very latest which was established 2019. it is house of more 115 animals, if you compare it area wise then rank 4th largest zoo in india but the number of animals are not more.
Etawah safri park formally know as lion safari park and proffesnally know as Lion breeding centre and multiple safari.
It's architacture is really different and beautiful, i thought this zoo will be most beautiful zoo in india after few years.
6. INDIRA GANDHI ZOOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Vishakhapatnam, Andhra pradesh
Area:- 253 ha
Indira Gandhi zoological park was open in 1977 for public in the remember of India's former PM late Indra Gandhi. Indira Gandhi zoo is very famous as the name of Vizag zoo which is one of the largest zoo in India.
This park gave space for more than 800 animals to live with high maintenance, it is very clean and beautiful zoo in Vishakhapatnam and also India.
There is also an adoption centre for those who want to adopt a for certain times which is very interesting and here 1 million visitors come per year.
Top attraction of Vizag zoo
There is no any special attraction all things are very attractive but the most attractive thing is
- It is surrounded by mountains because it is situated in beside of eastern ghats, it is best for photography.
7. ASSAM STATE ZOO CUM BOTANICAL GARDEN
Location:- Guwahati, Assam
Area:- 175 ha
Assam state zoo cum botanical garden had opened for public in 1958, it covered area of 175 hectares in which more than 250 animals live of more than 53 species.
Assam state zoo cum botanical garden is popular as the name of Guwahati zoo, more than 450000 people visit Guwahati zoo per year due it's peaceful atmosphere.
It hosts many awareness activities and in 2005 they started schema of animal adoption and it is the largest zoos of India.
8. PILIKULA BIOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Mangalore, Karnataka
Area:- 161.8 ha
Pilikula zoo has lots of attractive places inside and it had established in the year of 1996.
The name of this zoo is very interesting as 'pili' means Tiger and 'Kula' means lake called Tiger lake.
This name was chossed because tigers are always drink water from the lake thats why Pilikula biological park named.
Top attractions of Pilikula zoo
- 3D Planetarium:- 3D Planetarium is situated in Pilikula zoo which is only one in India.
- Botanical garden:- It is one of the very attractive gardens in Pilikula zoo in which lots of beautiful trees and flowers are planted, it is situated inside of the zoo.
- Science centre:- Many people are always make interest in science so this place for you guys, it is a very attractive place in Pilikula biological park.
9. NEHRU ZOOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Hyderabad, Telangana
Area:- 154 ha
Nehru zoological park is also known as the of Hyderabad zoo or zoo park which was made in memory of prime minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru in the year 1963.
It is one of the largest zoo in India with most visiting place of Hyderabad due to its peaceful atmosphere.
This zoo is home to more than 1100 animals of 100 species, there are lots of attractive things are available because of most people visits.
Top attractions of Hyderabad zoo or Nehru zoological park
- Jungle safari:- It is one of the best attractive things to do in this Hyderabad zoological park because it has multiple safari trips as Asiatic lion, Bengal tiger, etc.
- Statues of Dinosaurs:- When we here something about then we feel so exciting so guys in this zoo you will see the Dinosaurs not real but statues of dinosaurs, it looks very attractive in this like lots of statues of dinosaurs are placed in the forest of the zoo which looks like the Jurassic world.
- Butterfly world:- Butterfly world is also a big attraction of Nehru zoo because their lots amazing flowers which looks so beautiful and they have a lot of simple butterflies sitting on them.
10. SAKKARBAUG ZOOLOGICAL GARDEN
Location:- Junagadh, Gujarat
Area:- 84 ha
Sakkarbaug zoological garden is also named as Junagadh zoo which established in 1863, it is the largest zoo in India and also the second oldest zoo of India.
It is one of big and attractive tourist place of Junagadh, 1140000 people visit this place and Junagadh zoo is home of 1436 animals including reptiles, birds, etc.
Top attraction of Sakkarbaug zoological garden
There is no any particular attraction because this whole zoo is very attractive and beautiful but You can do bus safari inside the zoo.
11. BHAGWAN BIRSA BIOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Ormanjhi, Jharkhand
Area:- 83 ha
Bhagwan Birsa zoo is one of the best zoos of Ormanjhi and it is also rank 11th of the largest zoo in India as compared to area.
There are a lot of facilities available for animals, birds, etc like medical facility, food facility and the most amazing thing about this zoo is you can adopt any animal from here.
Top attractions of Bhagwan birsa biological park
We have done to serve and also observed this zoo fully but if we talk about the top attractions of this zoo then we found that. This whole zoo is an attraction in Ranchi there are few most attractive things like There is a green statue of two elephants which looks amazing.
Boating It is a big attraction for people lots of people loves boating when the boat will float in the lake with you then just concentrate on one thing that lake looks o beautiful looks like a natural lake.
12. NATIONAL ZOOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Delhi, India
Area:- 71 ha
National zoo park is situated in Delhi in the year 1959 and it is the house of 1348 animals of 132 species.
Delhi has lots of amazing places to visit, the national zoological park is one of them, it covered the area of 71 which is visited by lots of people every year.
13. SANJAY GANDHI BIOLOGICAL PARK
Location:- Patna, Bihar
Area:- 62 ha
Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park is also very famous as the name of Patna zoo which is located in Bailey Road, Patna. It is one of the largest zoo in India with 45 Lakh per year.
It is also a big tourist place in Patna, There are 800 animals live here of 410 species including 300 species of trees.
It is one of the big and beautiful picnic spot, lots of visitors visit here on 1st January.
Top attaractions of Sanjay Ganadhi biological park
- Boating:- It is very big and beautiful attraction in Patna zoo and most prefer for couples and they prefer two sheeter boat.
Suggested article:- Secret beautiful places of Patna which you must visit.
Disclaimer:- The all pictures of this article is free copy righted which used but if any of them belongs to you and if you don't want to display that or want credit for image then kindly contact us.